Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mommy Madness

When I started this blog I was sure I could commit myself to writing every other day. This is post #4 (I think) so it's fair to say I haven't even come close to my goal. 

When you're pregnant, every one tells you how life will speed up once you have your baby. Even though I heard everyone, in the back of my mind I thought there was no way life could speed up any more. I had been going to school full-time, working one full-time job at night, and holding down a part-time job at the college between classes, and still managed to maintain a social life... How much busier could life get?

Then Cameron was born!

Within a year I also started my business, took on the responsibility of my step-children (even if it's just part-time) and all of the activities that come with kids. 

Now it feels like I blink and weeks have gone by. I'm constantly forgetting to return my friends calls. I only socialize when it relates to the kids. I rely heavily on my iPhone's calendars and alarms. And my husband and I have almost no grown-up time any more. 

The one thing I didn't expect was how much I'd enjoy it all. I go to bed every night exhausted but I never have to count sheep to get to bed anymore. I run around like a crazy person and never seem to get anything done, but my family is always moving forward and my husband and I are getting closer to our goals everyday. And even though my husband and I usually only get to spend our night together while we sleep, I love, and respect his efforts more today than yesterday, and probably more tomorrow than today. 

So to everyone who says life will continue to speed up as our children grow up, if this is what faster feels like: bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment